DESIGNED FOR HOT MIX, WARM MIX, AND HOT/COLD PATCH ASPHALT
FORTA-FI® is a high tensile strength synthetic fiber blend formulated to reinforce asphalt mixes in both new construction or rehab projects. The mix of aramid and polyolefin fibers is designed to enhance your current mix design. Aramid fibers will not melt in the asphalt mix and are known for their strength and durability in both high and low temperatures.
FORTA-FI can provide initial cost savings through reduced pavement layer thickness while delivering the same durability as conventional mixes OR the ability to reduce the overall life-cycle costs by extending pavement life (when placed at a conventional pavement thickness).
- Designed for all working temperatures
- Mix in batch or drum plants
- Feeds easily
- Distributes uniformly and completely
- Improves tensile strength, resilient modulus, Marshall Stability, Flow, among other properties
- Initial cost savings through reduced pavement layer thickness while delivering the same durability as conventional mixes .....OR
- Ability to extend pavement life by up to 50% by reducing raveling, rutting, thermal, reflective, and fatigue cracking