FiberMat® is the ultimate crack inhibiting and sealing membrane; a combination of polymer-modified asphalt emulsion, chopped glass fiber strands and aggregate. This combination creates a robust membrane that absorbs stresses generated in the pavement structure yet ductile and continuous to form a waterproofing barrier against the ingress of water.
FiberMat® has two different forms referred to as Type A and Type B:
- Type A is best known as an enhanced chip seal membrane.
- Type B is known as a SAMI (Stress Absorbing Membrane Interlayer). There are many different types of interlayer in pavement
The tensile strength of FiberMat® has been proven to absorb pavement movements and strains. This layer will effectively flex instead of crack. Tests have concluded that FiberMat® enhances the tensile strength and fatigue performance by 30% and wheel-track cracking rate by 300%. Propagation of cracks is delayed 3-4 fold in laboratory testing versus control specimens and indications of 10 or more times from field specimens.
- Absorption of stresses within the pavement structure.
- Re-stabilization and strengthening of resurfacing projects.
- Another tool in the preventative maintenance toolbox.
- Used for crack inhibiting; delaying crack propagation.
- Rejuvenates wearing courses suffering from top-down cracking and seals alligator cracks
- Wearing surface or membrane interlayer
- Fast application process
- Open to traffic minutes after completion
- Reduces, repairs, and resists cracking
- Increases tensile strength and flexibility
- Bonds well to concrete and asphalt
- Perfect for most traffic volumes
- No milling required
- Easily recycled